There goes a popular adage, “good things come in small packages”. Case in point: Chia seeds. Rich in a host of essentials nutrients – omega-3s, calcium, iron, potassium, and magnesium— Chia enjoys the repute of being a superfood that does triple duty (and more): Keeping you fuller for longer, boosting your memory, protecting your heart against attack and stroke.
But, wait a moment. We missed the most important attribute of this superfood: its versatility. Chia seeds gel with myriad flavors and can be used in a host of dishes—either as a topping, spread, in a muffin or the dressing of a pudding. Chia seeds can be baked or even had as a spread. Whether you’re a young mother who is on the lookout for chia seeds recipes that will bolster your child’s memory or having aging parents whose nutritive intake need special attention, Chia seed recipes won’t disappoint.
The presence of ALA omega fatty acids in almonds and chia seeds produce DHA— a property that helps rebuild brain cell membranes. These fatty acids also aid in concentration, fuelling memory and learning among the aging and those with ADHD.
If you’re on the lookout for ways to start; here are Chia seed recipes that are pure delight.P.S: They’re incredibly delish, require less than 15 minutes to prepare and are uber-easy to whip up, too!
1. Chilled Out Chia Lemonade
For Glugs That Are Great: Are you a morning smoothie person? Or better, do you like glugging a tall glass of lemon juice for that instant energy fix? Either way, adding a spoonful of chia seeds into the mix of your drink will make a world of difference to your well-being in the long run.
1. One glass of cold water
2. 1 tbsp of Slurrp Farm Chia Seeds
3. 1 tbsp of Slurrp Farm Jaggery Powder
4. 5 tbsp of fresh lime juice
1. Mix Slurrp Farm chia seeds, lime juice and Slurrp Farm jaggery powder in a glass.
2. Add cold water and stir well. Serve chilled!This chia seeds recipe barely takes a couple of minutes and is one of the easiest ways to spruce up your nutrition.
2. Delicious Homemade Blueberry Spread
For spreads that are fun: Homemade spreads are absolute saviors; especially if your mornings are packed, leaving you with little or zero time to whip up a nutritious meal or even if your kids love the idea of starting their mornings with a rich layer of a fun spread on their bread.
1. ¼ Cup Slurrp Farm Chia Seeds
2. 2 Cups of blueberries (or any other berries)
3. 2 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
1. Add maple syrup or honey to a bowl and throw in 1/4 cup Slurrp Farm chia seeds. Mix well.
2. Add berries to the mix.
3. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until the paste thickens, and a uniform texture is formed. Cool and store!
You can prepare this delicious jam over the weekend and refrigerate them in mason jars. This chia seed recipe ticks all the boxes and will have your kids hankering for a refill!
By Pooja Prabbhan
Please let me know how the recipe turned out for you! Share with us at email@example.com