Kids love cakes and as a mother, it's my responsibility to expose my child's little tummy to nutrient-dense food that's also yummy. I don't stress on 'happy meals' - these are those cute boxes that may have a pack of crisps and a slice of all-purpose-flour brownie, yes attractive to look at, pleases our palette as much...but it does no good to my kid's health. Wouldn't you opt for an excellent combination of go (energy-rich), glow (vitamins and minerals), and grow (protein-rich) foods that are delicious and healthy? That’s the reason my ragi chocolate cake recipe is a hit. It is yummy and healthy.
My chocolate ragi cake is special. It is made using traditional supergrains, such as ragi (aka finger millets) which is a good source of calcium and iron. It also happens to be an excellent food supplement for children.
Here are some other benefits of ragi.
Why ragi cake?
This is a perfect healthy cake recipe that both adults and children will LOVE!! Ragi is a rich source of good carbohydrate, is a gluten-free option for kids (and adults) those who may've celiac disease. If you have a child who refuses to down that big glass of milk, here’s a solution to your woes of adding calcium to his or her diet, ragi foods. Finger millets is a brilliant storehouse of calcium. Now that you know the benefits of ragi cake, please enjoy this awesome cake making recipe with your little souz chefs. They'll love getting involved in stirring the mixture. Who knowns, he/she might help to decorate the cake at the end if you wish.
Ragi chocolate cake
1. One packet of Slurrp Farm Chocolate Pancake
2. 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
3. One tsp baking powder
4. 3/4 Cup milk
5. 1/3 Cup curd
6. 1/3 Cup olive oil
7. 1/4 Slurrp Farm Jaggery Powder (optional)
For Topping: (optional, or of your choice)
1. Chocolate Puffs
2. Homemade chocolate cookies
1. Empty the Slurrp Farm Chocolate Pancake in a bowl.
2. Add 2 tbsp natural cocoa powder.
3. Add one tsp baking powder.
4. In another bowl, take 3/4 cup milk and 1/3 cup curd.
5. Add 1/3 cup olive oil.
6. Blend these together.
7. To increase sweetness, add 1/4 cup Slurrp Farm Jaggery Powder.
8. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
9. Pour the batter into a baking tray.
10. Our puffs and ragi cookies are the perfect toppings for a healthy cake.
11. A great way for kids to show their creativity.
In case if you've skipped my awesome chocolate mug cake recipe, then click here!
Do tag us if every single person around the table comments that this was the best Ragi Chocolate Cake they’d ever tasted @SlurrpFarm