This Children's Day, treat your child to a hearty-wholesome dessert-meal...
Brownies and halwa - two perfect and easy snack-y desserts for those little or not-so-little tummies. Homemade, free of preservatives and no artificial coloring, prepared using the goodness of Indian 'supergrains' (aka Ragi)!
Are you ready to make this Children's Day- a special-special one? Yes? Take a look at these two ragi recipes and tell us what's cooking in your kitchen today?
1. Chocolate Finger Millet Brownies
1. One Pack of Slurrp Farm Chocolate Pancake
2. 2 Tbsp natural cocoa powder
3. One Tsp baking powder
4. ¾ Cup milk
5. ⅓ Cup yoghurt
6. ⅓ Cup olive oil
7. ¼ Cup brown sugar (optional)
8. ¼ Tsp of salt
1. In a bowl, empty 1 Packet of Slurrp Farm Chocolate Pancake. Add natural cocoa powder and baking powder to it. Mix well
2. In another bowl, take milk and curd. Add olive oil and blend it together. Add brown sugar to the mixture to improve the sweetness (optional)
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mix of chocolate pancakes and shift the batter into a baking tray. Tap the tray 3-4 times in order to remove the trapped air bubbles
4. Bake at 190 degrees for 40 minutes.
5. Insert a toothpick in the center to check if it comes out clean. If it is sticky, bake for another 2-3 minutes and repeat the toothpick process
6. Allow it to cool down and cut it in small rectangular shapes
7. The healthy yet yummy cake is ready to be served
If you try these recipes and find it successful, please post your recipe pictures on Instagram and tag/hashtag us @SlurrpFarm #SlurrpFarm