By Dipandita Dutta
This monsoon, your little ones are guaranteed the soft, sweet, nutty biscotti -like flavored oats powder cookies. Enjoy this eggless, stress-less cookie recipe with a cuppa, milk, tea, and even otherwise as a healthy evening snack.
How to make eggless cookies - chewy and tasty?
If you thought eggless cookies can't be chewy and yummy, then perhaps you've been eating the wrong kind of eggless cookies all this while. It could also be that you've had access to too many of the 'extra-crunchy', but dry cookies and you thought it's because they are made without eggs. An egg provides moisture, richness, and flavor - agree. But it turns out, whole milk and even flaxseeds as a substitute is a hunch you should have tried out a long time ago. So, here's my no-fuss, yummy eggless cookies! It's rather simple. The magic of ingredients as well as their quality makes a huge difference.
These oats powder cookies are made with whole grains- whole flour and are packed with fiber, organic jaggery, eggless, and easy to make with basic pantry ingredients. I have used butter here but you can use ghee also. Just substitute an equal amount of ghee in the recipe and follow the same steps.
These oats powder cookies are free of refined sugar as they are sweetened with jaggery (unrefined sugar obtained from raw, concentrated sugarcane juice). If you don’t have jaggery, you may use brown sugar in place. I also packed in some nuts (chopped cashews and almonds) in the cookies for that crunch. You may skip them if you want or add more nuts if you like nuts in your cookies.
Three characteristics I look for in oats cookies:
1. Slow bend
2. Chewy goodness
3. And ultra-soft
(Check, check, and check)
These eggless oats powder cookies have a slightly crisp edge with a soft center that would prevent them from immediately breaking when you bend it. And of course, the ultimate way to enjoy these cookies is while the batch is still fresh, warm from the oven. The process can be amped up with a tall glass of ice-cold, creamy whole milk or warm, perhaps.
The dough for these cookies is quite sticky. Please remember - it’s supposed to be that way. Just pinch the dough as hard and as much as possible. Make tiny blobs and balls, back it up by flattening them to make awesome oats powder cookies.
How to store these cookies:
1. Let the cookies cool down on a wire rack once they are baked.
2. Then place in an airtight container and store at room temperature.
3. They should stay good for 2 weeks at least.
How to make eggless oats powder cookies:
1. 100 Gm of Slurrp Farm Oats Powder
2. 120 Gm of whole-wheat flour
3. 100 Gm of Slurrp Farm Jaggery Powder
4. 115 Gm of unsalted butter
5. One tsp of baking powder
6. 1/4 Cup of chopped nuts
7. 2 -3 Tbsp of milk
8. 1/2 Tsp of salt
1. Mix whole wheat flour (atta), oats flour, salt, and baking powder together and keep aside. Mix well until well combined.
2. Transfer butter and jaggery powder in a bowl.
3. Using an electric beater or manual whisk, beat for 2 to 3 minutes until well combined and creamy. Make sure that butter is at room temperature.
4. To the butter add jaggery mix, add milk spoon by spoon to make the butter mixture fluffier.
5. Add oats flour mix.
6. Add vanilla essence and mix together all the ingredients.
7. Finally, add the chopped nuts and mix until the sticky cookie dough is formed. Add a few teaspoons milk if required.
8. Using an ice-cream scooper or with a tablespoon, scoop out ball-sized portions and roll to form a round-shaped cookie.
9. You can also use a cookie cutter to give the desired shape as you like. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
10. Place the cookie balls on the tray and gently press to flatten them. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 to 22 minutes.
11. Told you that I guarantee the softest and chewiest oats powder cookie.
|Don't they look tempting? Try these mouth-watering cookies and share with us on Instagram @slurrpfarm|