Gather your loved ones and settle around the holy fire. We are now ready to bid adieu to the freezing cold winter. And celebrate with laughter, dance and some yummy and healthy food.
After Bhangra and Giddha with the beats of dhol, the little tummies are sure to ask for yummy food. So, here is something traditional made with supergrains, a healthy twist for your dinner mains!
Check out our finger millet recipe- special roti with the goodness of gur aka jaggery!
1. Soft Ragi Jaggery Roti
1. One cup of Slurrp Farm Organic Sprouted Ragi Cereal (as flour)
2. 1/4 Cup grated coconut
3. A tiny pinch of cardamom powder
4. Oil to toast
For the jaggery syrup:
1. 1/3 Cup of Slurrp Farm Jaggery Powder
2. 1/3 Cup water
1. First, take ragi flour in a mixing bowl. Add jaggery syrup to coit.Add coconut and cardamom powder to it.
2. Mix well with a spoon, if it's dry sprinkle little water and keep mixing with a ladle till it forms a smooth dough, it will be slightly sticky. Mix well and form a dough.
3. Take a plastic sheet and grease it with cooking oil. You can also use a glass plate.
4. Make a small ball of the ragi dough and start patting it with your fingers.
5. Continue to flatten with your fingers. Heat a non-stick pan.
6. Grease the pan with oil and toss the flat cake/roti. Cook for 3-4 mins on both sides.
Click here for the Instagram story of the recipe!