By Ayesha Nallaseth
Gur Patti is a must try Indian traditional snack bar. It is great way to power up better than the store brought Granola Bars with the goodness of nuts. It’s a staple in Indian homes during winters and one of my personal favorite. Ever since I can remember, I have been obsessed with Gur Patti. Although you can get tons of different flavors and combinations as far as the recipe is concerned, I simply adore the basic one.
This protein Gur Patti recipe is a healthy snack. High in protein and rich in antioxidants, the traditional protein snack-bar can be had as a mid-day snack or an ideal on-the-go breakfast or simply to satisfy some sweet cravings.
The recipe of Gur Patti can be tweaked to Peanut chikki, a winter special sweet of crisp peanut brittle made with just two main ingredients - peanuts and jaggery, if your little one likes that. If you want us to show you a step by step recipe of the Peanut chikki, write to us in our comments or on our Instagram @slurrpfarm and we will come back with a step by step and video of it.
I have dry roasted all the nuts, seeds and oats before adding them to jaggery. Roasting liberates essential oils from the nuts apart from making them crunchy and imparts a lovely nutty flavor and aroma. The color of the patti depends on the jaggery used. I have been used Slurrp Farm Jaggery Powder and it has never disappointed me.
Gur Patti is very popular with kids and they are specially made and enjoyed during winter season.
Crunchy Millet, Oats And Gur Patti Recipe
1. One tsp ghee
2. 1/3 Rd cup chopped almonds
3. 1/2 cup Slurrp Farm Millet And Oat Porridge
4. One tsp flax seeds
5. One tsp sesame seeds
6. One tsp Slurrp Farm Nut Powder
7. 4-5 Chopped dates
8. 4-5 Chopped figs
9. One tsp cinnamon
10. 1/2 cup Slurrp Farm Jaggery Powder
11. 1/2 cup dark chocolate
Enjoy the making of Gur Patti:
1. Heat ghee in a non stick pan
2. Sauté the almonds, Slurrp Farm Millet & Oat Porridge till light brown.
3. Then add the flax seeds, sesame seeds, Slurrp Farm Nut Powder, dates, figs and cinnamon powder. Give it a quick mix.
4. Then add the Slurrp Farm Jaggery Powder and allow the mixture to simmer and mix well so that all ingredients come together.
5. Then press down the mixture in your preferred mould.
6. Sprinkle dark chocolate.
7. Allow the mixture to cool.
8. Cut and serve.
|Have you made this recipe and liked it? Don't forget to share it with us on our Instagram @slurrpfarm.|