Oatmeal is a classic at the breakfast table of many adults, but what about little (and not-so-little) tummies? It probably won't win a "Most Popular Breakfast" award, but oatmeal is a great choice for the babies for reasons including nutrition, convenience, and versatility.
This healthy recipe combines the goodness of oats with veggies loaded with essential nutrients, such as carrots resulting in a wholesome meal for you and your child.
Do you know our carrots oats cereal is super healthy? It is an immunity booster and easy on the stomach!
1. Carrot Oats Cereal
1. 3 Scoops of Slurrp Farm Organic Oats Cereal
2. ½ Cup sliced carrots
3. ½ Tbsp Organic Jaggery Powder (Do not add the powder if you haven't introduced your child to jaggery yet)
4. 150 ml boiled and cooled water
1. Wash the carrot well in running water. Peel and slice them into pieces. Transfer the carrot slices into a pressure cooker and add 1/2 cup of water. Pressure cook the carrots for one whistle.
2. Once the pressure is released, transfer the cooked carrots to a blender.
3. Grind the carrots to a smooth paste and keep aside.
4. Take 150ml of boiled and cooled water in a pan, add 3 scoops of oats cereal to it and mix well to remove any lumps. Also add jaggery, if your child has been introduced to it. Otherwise, you can omit the jaggery altogether from this recipe.
5. Add the carrot puree to the mixture.
6. Cook on a low flame, stirring constantly for 2 - 5 minutes till the mixture comes to a boil.
7. Switch off the gas, transfer into a bowl and cool the cereal before you feed your baby.
Try these and share your recipes using Oats Cereal @slurrpfarm.com and get featured!