By Simran Oberoi Multani
Nothing can beat homemade savories and snacks. Murukku means twisted in the Tamil language. If you notice, the shape of the murukku is twisted and turned and hence the name. Muruku is a healthy snack for kids and comes in different varieties like rice flour murukku, roasted gram murukku, urad dal murukku, etc., Coconut milk murukku is a traditional one, with coconut flavor. The one I am sharing here is a very basic, old, and standard recipe that is followed by many South Indian women.
Why don’t you try a healthier version of it Murukku? I have tried to give a very special twist to the recipe by making it with Slurrp Farm Spinach Dosa Mix. I have been eating dosas using this batter but this time I used it for making Millet Murukku. And I promise you for not even once will the taste be compromised. The ingredients used in the pack are spinach, foxtail millet, and 4 dals - urad, chana, moong, and toor with natural spinach powder and a mix of mild spices. Isn't that saving up my time?
This healthy snack for kids comes out nice crunchy, perfect to munch during tea time.
In the coming days, I will definitely be making more of these! Will you?
1. One cup Slurrp Farm Spinach Millet Dosa Mix
2. One tbsp white sesame seeds
3. One tsp himalayan pink salt
4. One tbsp grated fresh coconut or desiccated coconut
5. 2 tsp homemade ghee
6. Water to bring the dough together
Watch the full video:
1. Put the dosa mix in a bowl.
2. Put white sesame seeds.
3. Add the coconut.
4. Add the salt.
5. Add the ghee and mix with a fork to incorporate all ingredients uniformly.
6. Add the water slowly to make the dough. The dough should be firm and not sticky.
7. Use a murukku press or a piping bag, put in the dough in parts, and make the shape on the baking tray.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 170 degrees C until it crisps up. Cool and store in an airtight container.
|Crispy finger millet murukku is ready to munch on. Share with us your fun shapes with the Millet Murukku and tag us on our Instagram @SlurrpFarm|