By Dipandita Dutta
Sathu maavu is a powder that babies can consume after 6 months of age. Homemade Cerelac is a great way to introduce home-cooked food to your baby. Making sprouted homemade cerelac is a very tedious process and proper care has to be taken during every step of preparation. If you want you can save the time and effort and spend it with your little one by ordering the natural health mix.
When you introduce sathu maavu to your baby for the first time, start with a tsp. Follow a 3-day-wait rule and if no allergic symptoms are seen, gradually increase the quantity. This sathu maavu recipe is a wholesome meal that keeps your baby's tummy full for a long time. You can either prepare a sweet or savory version (depends on your baby's preferred choice). Make sure you use a dry, clean spoon each time you take the powder out from the container.
The homemade cerelac is not just for kids but can also can be consumed by people who want to shed a few kilos.
Here is how to make porridge with homemade cerelac:
Sathu Maavu Porridge:
1. 1/4 Cup of Slurrp Farm Sathu Maavu Powder
2. 2 Tbsp of Slurrp Farm Jaggery Powder
3. One cup of water
4. 1/2 Cup of milk
5. One tsp of ghee
Click here for the video:
1. Add ¼ cup hot water to Slurrp Farm Jaggery Powder, mix until it dissolves. Keep it aside.
2. Heat a pan and add 3/4th cup of water, 1/4th cup of Slurrp Farm Sathu Maavu Powder and the jaggery water.
3. Stir continuously until there are no lumps. Cook the porridge for 2 to 3 minutes in low flame.
4. Add ½ cup of boiled milk. Stir everything slowly and cook for 5 minutes. (Milk can be avoided for feeding babies less than one year. In that case, ½ cup more water can be added).
5. Add 1 tsp ghee to the porridge which should finally look glossy and have a thick consistency.