By Ayesha Nallaseth
“The king of fruits” is here! The juicy mango is the best retreat from the hot summers for adults and kids alike. This fruit not only hydrates the body but its rich taste has the power to soothe the taste buds. Also, the health benefits associated with mangoes can’t be ignored. Whether you eat it or gulp down in the form of mango shake, either way, it tastes delicious.
Is mango good for kids? The answer to this is yes. It is a powerhouse of nutrients, minerals, and vitamins. Moreover, it has antioxidant properties that make it the best choice to eat it in summers.
Now add the nutritious mango to your kid’s diet with these easy dessert recipes!
1. Mango Kulfi
This easy dessert recipe is so creamy and so yummy, you would not want to miss out - Mango Kulfi. Kulfi is an Indian version of ice cream and is made with milk and milk solids, without eggs. This easy dessert recipe is sinfully rich, delicious, creamy, and irresistible. The recipe is laden with one of our all-time favorite things — mangoes, and loads of mangoes.
1. One mango puree
2. 2 Tbsp Slurrp Farm Oat Powder
3. One tbsp Slurrp Farm Nut Powder
4. One tbsp Slurrp Farm Jaggery Powder
5. 2 Pc cardamom powder
6. One cup Milk
1. Using a nonstick pan, over low heat roast the Slurrp Farm Oats Powder and Slurrp Farm Nut Powder till you get a slight roasted smell.
2. Add the elaichi powder and pod to the oats.
3. Gently whisk in the milk and Slurrp Farm Jaggery Powder over low to medium heat ensuring there are no lumps and the mixture starts to thicken.
4. Take the mixture off the heat and whisk in the mango pulp.
5. Set in kulfi molds or small bowls in the freezer. Demold and serve.
2. Mango Cheese Cake Popsicle
I found my new favorite summer dessert. This easy dessert recipe is sweetened with jaggery and tang-ified (?) with a little yogurt. With a super-quick preparation and almost zero cook time, your favorite mango cheesecake popsicle will be ready in no time and that too with a mango twist.
Ingredients for the biscuit crumbs:
1. 4 Tbsp Slurrp Farm Oat Powder
2. One tbsp Slurrp Farm Jaggery Powder
3. One tsp butter (room temperature)
Ingredients for the cheesecake mix:
1. 170 Gms hung curd
2. 2 Tsp Slurrp Farm Jaggery Powder
3. One tsp Slurrp Farm Chia Seeds
4. 40 Ml milk
5. One tsp cheese spread/cream cheese(optional)
6. ½ Tsp lemon zest
7. One mango pulp
8. One mango diced
Method for the biscuit crumbs:
1. Gently mix all ingredients together.
2. Arrange on a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 15-20 minutes or till golden brown.
Method for cheesecake mix:
1. Place the hung curd, Slurrp Farm Jaggery, lemon zest, cheese spread, and soaked Slurrp Farm Chia Seeds in a bowl and whisk till there are no lumps.
2. Add the mango pulp and diced mangos and whisk till well incorporated.
3. Then spoon the mixture out into cupcake molds or icecream molds or small bowls.
4. Top with the biscuit crumb and freeze.
5. Demold and serve
1. In case you don’t want to make the crumb use Slurrp farm Cookies or any other biscuit which you can just powder.
2. In case you don’t have cheese spread or cream cheese just omit the ingredient.
3. You can use any fruit pulp for cheesecake popsicle.
|So what are you even waiting for? There is still a lotttt of summer left and you're going to want these in your fridge. Try these easy desserts and tag us @SlurrpFarm|