By Monalisa Mehrotra
It is literally summertime madness now and this madness is here to stay for another 2-3 months. Summer makes you dehydrated, gives you heatstroke, and makes you sweat. This the season to have popsicles/ice-cream and cool your body. Seeing the present state of affairs, it is the pandemic which keeps you away from going outside and enjoying a bucket full of ice-cream or popsicles.
Worry not! We have a summer recipe that is so easy peasy that you can enjoy your home-made popsicles made out of all fresh fruit.
Have watermelon leftover? Trying to figure out what to do with them so they don’t go to waste? You’re all set to make the sweetest, most delectable summer recipe - Muskmelon Chia Popsicles! With the weather being so warm outside I went with popsicles and what an epic decision! They’re so incredibly sweet with nothing else added to make them that way.
Melons have a high water content for refreshment, and are relatively low in sugar, despite their sweet taste once frozen. These homemade, healthy, and guilt-free summer recipe is devoid of artificial sweeteners and colorings. The addition of Chia seeds enhances its nutritive value The popsicles are an absolute winner being sugar-free, vegan, and lactose-free.
Muskmelon Chia Popsicle
1. One muskmelon
2. One tbsp Slurrp Farm Chia Seeds
3. Popsicle mould
4. Ice-cream sticks
5. High-speed blender
1. Peel and cut the muskmelon, take out the remaining flesh, and keep aside.
2. Transfer to a blender and blend thoroughly.
3. If you wish to add a sweetener, feel free to add one of your choices while blending. We recommend honey or Slurrp Farm Organic Jaggery Powder.
4. Transfer the blended muskmelon into a pouring jug, add 1 tablespoon of Slurrp Farm Chia seeds, and give a good mix. Let it stand for 5 minutes
5. After 5 minutes, pour the muskmelon and chia mixture into popsicle moulds
6. Insert ice-cream sticks and keep it in the freezer for at least 4-5 hours
7. After the popsicles are set, de-mold, and serve immediately. Enjoy
|Cool, refreshing, and the perfect treat on those hot summer days you want a healthy, sweet treat! Try out these recipe with all the summer fruits out there and tag @SlurrpFarm.|