By Monalisa Mehrotra
There's no wrong way to prepare your overnight oats. But, if you're searching for a little inspiration—look no further!
Overnight oats are typically served chilled, straight from the refrigerator. That makes them perfect for warmer months, but you can certainly enjoy overnight oats all year-round. It is a great healthy breakfast that you can prepare in advance and it can last all week.
What are overnight oats?
Instead of cooking oatmeal on the stove or in the microwave, you soak the raw oats with the ingredients of your choice. That soaking process allows the oats to absorb the liquid and soften them enough to eat uncooked. You only need to let the oats soak and rest in the fridge for 2 hours. But, it’s ideal if you soak it overnight…hence the name overnight oats!
Sugar-free overnight oats
This healthy overnight oats recipe doesn’t have any added sugars since the fresh fruit adds natural sweetness—though you can sweeten to taste, use honey, jaggery, or maple syrup especially because oats can be somewhat bland on their own. Also, the fruits can be added as toppings too and there can be many topping ideas and combinations, and I think that’s what makes this such a great versatile recipe!
These overnight oats are legitimately delicious and so easy to make! Are you ready?
Overnight Oats Recipe:
1. ½ Cup oats or Slurrp Farm Oats Powder
2. ¾ Cup Milk or ½ cup Yogurt or make it vegan with almond milk
3. One tsp Slurrp Farm Chia Seeds
4. 1-2 Tsp pure maple syrup or honey
5. Choice of nuts or granola to top up or you can use Slurrp Farm Nut Powder
6. Your child’s favorite fruit (I have used Mango & Cherries)
1. Place oats, chia seeds, milk, and sweetener of choice in an airtight container.
2. Gently shake to fully combine.
3. Refrigerate overnight.
4. Top with your favorite fruit, nuts, or seeds and enjoy!
Alternatively, you can also soak oats, chia seeds, milk, and sweetener of choice in a big airtight container and while serving layer the fruits in between and serve.
I’m sharing my best tips for the recipe:
1. You can adjust the sweetness level as per your choice, remember fruits have sugar too.
2. If you decide to add more Chia seeds just remember to adjust the liquid component.
3. Make it dairy-free & vegan by using coconut milk or almond milk and substituting honey for any other sweetener of your choice
4. Omit the nuts if your child is allergic to nuts.
|We would love to see all your recipe recreation with the oats. Tag us on Instagram @SlurrpFarm|