By Monalisa Mehrotra
This oats chila loaded with summer-friendly and easily available veggies is an absolute delight. A healthy tummy is a happy tummy and an effortless healthy breakfast recipe is something we all look forward to. But, who knew chila can be tweaked this way?
High in protein, fibre, minerals…And delicious too? Soft and moist on the inside, but crispy-crusty on the outside - what more can you ask for? Traditionally, chila’s (Indian savory pancakes) are made with either gram flour (besan) or moong daal (yellow Moong-Split or whole) but this oats chila is something you will try out today.
Oats is a whole-grain food loaded with vitamins and minerals. It is a good source of fiber, fat, and protein. What’s more? Oatmeal’s strong nutritional profile facilitates the baby's growth and development. This chila recipe is also recommended for babies who are already enjoying solid foods at six months onward.
Let’s get inspired by Monalisa’s (stylist and creator behind @BellyDriven) under 10 minutes healthy breakfast recipe and get started right away!
Oats Chila loaded with veggies
For the batter:
1. One cup Slurrp Farm Organic Oats Cereal
2. ½ Cup curd
3. 2 tbsp Sooji/ Semolina
4. 1/3 Cup carrot puree
5. Salt (to taste)
6. One cup water (More or less to adjust the batter)
For the toppings:
You can top up the Chila with vegetables preferred by your child, I have topped it up with chopped onions, boiled corn, and cherry tomatoes. Steamed beans, peas, beetroot are some more options that one can look at for making this a super loaded healthy breakfast recipe.
How to make a batter for the Chila?
For the dough:
1. In a large bowl, Slurrp Farm Organic Oats, curd, sooji, carrot puree, and salt to taste.
2. Now add water to the flour mixture and whisk well.
3. Make sure that the consistency of the batter is not too thick or not too runny.
4. Keep the batter aside for 5 minutes and heat up a non-stick pan and brush some ghee.
5. Give the batter a nice mix and pour the batter in the pan.
6. Top up the chila with vegetables of your choice.
7. Flip and cook on both sides.
8. Serve this healthy breakfast recipe with the chutney of your choice.
|If you made your loved one's tummy a happy tummy by trying our recipe do send it to us @slurrpfarm.com and get featured!|